At Single Quantum, we confront every challenge with innovation, dedication, and passion. Founded in 2012, our team has emerged as true pioneers of single photon detection technology. We were among the first to manufacture and commercialize superconducting nanowire single photon detectors. Since then, our multi-channel Single Quantum Eos photon detection system has been chosen by more than 100 academic and industrial labs all over the world to perform complex optical measurements. We want to share this groundbreaking technology with the world. Single Quantum will continue to develop and improve the world’s fastest and most sensitive light detection systems. Join us in turning photons into data!
Development Test Engineer
Netherlands, Zuid-Holland, DelftDevelopment
Do you want to work with cutting-edge quantum technology? Do you have a solid technical background and do you work with a lot of perseverance and accuracy? Do you want be part of a diverse and dynamic scale-up company? Then we invite you to read on and apply!
As a Development Test Engineer, you are responsible for tests (characterization and validation) and measurements on new detector types and concepts. You will be measuring system detection efficiency, temporal resolution, spectral behavior and test the speed of our devices. You will be an essential part in the active feedback loop to the Nanofabrication team for optimization of the yield and performance. Furthermore, you will help improving our lab work flow, for example automize certain measurement types and be responsible for some of our measurement equipment.
What will you be doing exactly?
- Perform optical and electrical characterization of SNSPD’s by using a variety of lab equipment.
- Check and maintain characterization setups to ensure accuracy.
- Mount detectors and check the performance of the cryostats.
- Active feedback to Nanofabrication to develop the best photon detectors possible.
- Definition and implementation of test protocols.
- You will work closely with other team members but the actual testing is performed independently.
We are looking for a techie who has...
- A master or a bachelor degree in the field of Physics, Electronics, Photonics, Nanotechnology or equivalent;
- Previous experience with test and measurement activities for high-tech equipment in a lab environment;
- Experience in the programming language Python;
- Experience with working with optical fibers is a plus;
- Experience with laser set-ups or quantum optics is a plus;
- Tenacity and accuracy;
- A self-starter mindset, is pro-active and feels comfortable in an autonomous work environment;
- High sense of commitment and responsibility;
- Precise working attitude;
- Good time management skills;
- Good working proficiency in English.
- Availability for full-time work, part-time is also possible.
We are Single Quantum.
We'd like to hear from you!
If the role and working at Single Quantum excites you, we encourage you to apply via the above button.
If you have any questions before applying or would like to have a general conversation about Single Quantum, you can send an e-mail to email@example.com.