At Single Quantum, we confront every challenge with innovation, dedication, and passion. Founded in 2012, our team has emerged as true pioneers of single photon detection technology. We were among the first to manufacture and commercialize superconducting nanowire single photon detectors. Since then, our multi-channel Single Quantum Eos photon detection system has been chosen by more than 100 academic and industrial labs all over the world to perform complex optical measurements. We want to share this groundbreaking technology with the world. Single Quantum will continue to develop and improve the world’s fastest and most sensitive light detection systems. Join us in turning photons into data!
Technical Service Engineer (China)
China, Guangdong Sheng, ShenzhenProduction
Do you want to work in China with a high-tech instrument based on quantum technology? Do you want to join the effort to set up a customer service center to provide technical support to China and other Asian countries? Do you have a solid background in physics or engineering, combined with excellent communication skills? Then this could be the position for you!
What you will be doing
As our Technical Service Engineer you will first participate a training program at our headquarter in Delft, the Netherlands for 6 months. You will then be responsible for installing and servicing our SNSPD system in China, mainly scientific and industrial research laboratories. Moreover, you will also actively contribute to the establishment and growth of our service center. This means you will play a vital role in understanding our customers’ applications, designing our customer service program, growing the team in China and contributing to the growth strategy. Specific tasks and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing customers with on-site and remote technical support, training and troubleshooting;
- Responsible for installations, product training and acceptance of Single Quantum’s equipment in customers’ labs;
- Work closely with colleagues in the Netherlands and provide them with assistance during customer visits in China;
- Establish, maintain and grow close customer relationships;
- Establish and improve service processes;
- Identifying growth opportunities.
We are looking for a self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset. Someone who likes the combination of high-tech instrumentation and the responsibilities of establishing and building a service center and the team. Furthermore, you recognize yourself in the below profile:
- A Master’s degree in the field of applied physics or electrical, PhD is a plus;
- Experience with cryogenics is preferred;
- Hands-on experience, excellent communication and organization skills, stress resilient;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Chinese;
- Able to travel for scheduled installations and service calls on short notice to customer sites in the major cities in China when you start. The territory will expand to the surrounding countries later on.
- Relevant work experience is a plus.
We are Single Quantum.
We'd like to hear from you!
If the role and working at Single Quantum excites you, we encourage you to apply via the above button.
If you have any questions before applying or would like to have a general conversation about Single Quantum, you can send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.